Get Email Updates |  Download Forms |  Contact Us

»News

»“PASIG CITY LAUNCHED ANOTHER BATCH OF SPES”

“PASIG CITY LAUNCHED ANOTHER BATCH OF SPES”

Pasig City Mayor Bobby Eusebio launched during the flag raising ceremony another batch of SPESor the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) for this year2018.

 

A total of 510 poor but deserving students was launched and will start working for various government offices in the city.

 

The SPES beneficiaries, aged between 15 and 25 years old, commit themselves to report for 20 working days, excluding Sundays and holidays. They usually do compute work, clerical functions, fieldwork, drafting work for engineering students,gardening and other environmental projects.

 

Ma. Lourdes Austria, PESO head, said the City Government will shoulder 60% of the SPES salary or Php 5,732.80 for each beneficiary, while the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), a partner agency for SPES Program takes care of the remaining 40% or Php 3,821.80 for a total of Php 9,554.60.

 

Mayor Eusebio said the City Government will continue to prioritize education and similar programs that would help in the provision of education to our youth, adding the SPES is youth empowerment in action.

 


May 07, 2018

| | More
Home  |   About Pasig City  |   Contact Us

© 2010 Pasig City  |   www.pasigcity.gov.ph

Powered by